Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has evolved over thousands of years and health practitioners use various physical approaches as well as natural herbal products to address health problems. TCM or Traditional Chinese medicine focuses on health maintenance and in the treatment of disease emphasizes enhancing the body’s resistance to diseases. For improving patient health, Chinese herbal medicine applies multiple natural therapeutic methods using natural herbs and medicine.
As the world's most comprehensive and deeply researched system of complementary medicine, traditional Chinese medicine enjoys a large following in scientifically developed communities for treating a wide range of health concerns.
Here are a few things that you need to know about traditional Chinese medicine and natural herbs:
1) The biggest difference between traditional Chinese medicine and western medicine is that traditional Chinese medicine practitioners or herbalists don’t treat symptoms or diseases but focus on the entire human body and even analyze the patterns of symptoms in a patient.
2) Chinese herbal medicine is rooted in the concept of pattern differentiation which involves identifying a person’s head-to-toe collection of signs and symptoms.
3) According to traditional Chinese medicine, everything including the human body and the organs is composed of the five elements i.e., fire, earth, water, metal, and wood. Similarly, the Chinese natural herbs are classified based on five tastes- sweet, bitter, pungent, sour, and salty.
4)Benefits of Traditional Chinese medicine include
· Improve Muscle Strength and Flexibility
· Reduce Inflammation
· Improves Cognitive Health
· Improve Quality Of Sleep
· Boost nutrition in the body
· Can address conditions like allergies, anxiety, arthritis, back pain, depression, diabetes, skin conditions, fertility issues, high blood pressure, menopause symptoms, obesity & Parkinson’s disease
5) Traditional Chinese medicine mostly emphasizes individualized treatment and healing methods that differ from patient to patient. The most important treatment methods include Acupuncture, Acupressure, Cupping, Moxibustion, Tuina, tai chi, and qi gong (exercises).
6) In traditional Chinese medicine, practitioners typically combine a number of different herbs in a particular formula, which is selected depending on the patient's individual needs. This might be given in different forms like powders, teas, tinctures, or capsules.
Commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine herbs include:
· Ginkgo biloba
· Red yeast rice
· Ginseng (most broadly used substance for the broadest set of treatments.
· Gotu kola
· Yu Xing Cao
7) Recently, studies have shown that Chinese medicine plays a significant role as an auxiliary treatment for the pandemic COVID-19 by reducing disease progression.
8) Nearly 200 modern medicines have been developed, directly or indirectly from species of plants used as medicines in China, and scientists continue to identify compounds from Chinese herbal remedies that may apply in Western medicine.
Traditional Chinese medicine should not be used as a replacement for conventional or allopathic treatment, but it may be beneficial when used as a complementary therapy. If you're considering trying traditional Chinese medicine, seek a qualified practitioner and discuss what’s appropriate for you.
Looking for the Best Chinese Medicine in Australia? ThisHerb Health Pvt Ltd is an Australian-based company that specializes in the research and development of modern Chinese Herbal Medicine. All the available online Chinese herbal medicine products are certified by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), in accordance with the GMP.